What does it mean to be present for someone over the internet? What are our existing relationships and expectations for digital ‘closeness’, and how might we reinvent it? How do you hold someone’s hand over the internet?
To get updates, sign up here.
* Looking for Editors interested in helping curate the website, and broadly, direct the vision for the Close Events website and online presence.
* Close Events will formally open submissions for its first issue across a three week period, sometime in mid-late April.
What we’re looking for––
* Works of any form, published (as long as you have rights to it) or unpublished.
Inspired by things like——
* Melanie Hoff’s Digital Love Languages class and projects, ‘there is a world where all our software is made by people who love us and that we can contribute to building it‘
* Jacky Zhao’s Cursor Chat, a script that anyone can embed onto their site for its simulation of digital co-existing.
* The Sound of Love, a collection of YouTube comments left under love songs and what these comments tell us about space.